June 3, 2020
Patricia Blick, Patricia.Blick@quapaw.com
501-371-0075, ext. 4
The Quapaw Quarter Association 2020 Tour of Homes Cancelled
Tour to return in Spring 2021
Little Rock, Ark. - The QQA Board and the Spring Tour committee have decided to cancel this year’s Tour of Homes out of an abundance of caution surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. The Tour, which was launched in 1963, is traditionally held Mother’s Day weekend and highlights historic neighborhoods throughout greater Little Rock. “Originally, we planned to hold the tour later in the summer, but we have reevaluated that plan,” noted QQA’s Executive Director, Patricia Blick.
“The tour is our largest educational and outreach undertaking each year, along with our largest fundraiser, so we did not arrive at this decision without great consideration,” stated Blick.
QQA Board President, Ashli Ahrens explained further, “While we are disappointed that we are not holding the tour this year, we feel that this is the most prudent path since there is still so much uncertainty with COVID-19 resulting in limits on large gatherings and potentially social distancing. Ultimately, concern for our staff, volunteers, homeowners and tour guests led us to this decision.” The tour typically has over 1,000 participants each year.
The tour, planned for the historic Pettaway Neighborhood will take place Mother’s Day weekend, May 8 & 9, 2021. As currently planned, the tour of the historic Pettaway neighborhood will feature historic and infill housing. Tour Co-Chairs, Jill and Adam Fogleman are committed to continuing in their role next year.
For information about the QQA's historic preservation efforts, membership, resources or to make a donation, visit Quapaw.com.
For QQA Tour of Homes 2020 Ticket Holders
If you have already purchased tickets to the QQA Tour of Home Preview Party or the QQA Tour of Homes, you have some options:
1. Get a full refund for your ticket price. If you purcased tickets with Central Arkansas Tickets, then you will be refunded via that platform, if you choose to do so. If you purchased tickets via check, and you prefer a refund, we will write a check and mail it to you directly. If you purchased tickets via our website without going through Central Arkansas Tickets, we will refund your credit card directly.
2. You can donate your ticket price to our operations account, which will help us maintain the work we are currently doing to preserve greater Little Rock’s historic places. The Tour of Homes is our largest fundraiser for the year, and the cancellation will have a large financial impact on our 2020 programs and operations. Please consider donating the cost of your ticket.
We will not roll over tickets to next year’s event, as we may be forced to change some impacted vendors.
Please contact Shelle Stormoe, QQA Membership & Activities Coordinator before 5:00 pm on July 2, 2020 to claim your refund.
You may contact her in the following ways:
- Call 501-371-0075 ext. 3. If Shelle is not in the office, please leave a message and she will return your call as soon as she is back in the office. Please let us know if you prefer a refund or to donate your ticket.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund or to let us know that you would like to donate your ticket.
- 3. Contact QQA via Facebook Messenger to let us know if you prefer a refund or to donate your ticket. You can do that directly at: https://www.facebook.com/QuapawQuarterAssociation/
If you do not contact us before July 2, 2020, your ticket will be considered donated.
Thank you for your patience while we worked through our decision making process on these events. We can’t wait to see everyone in Pettaway in 2021!