Thanks to all the members who attended our Members Only Reception on January 23 at the historic Redding House. Thanks in particular to Chief Justice Dan Kemp and Susan Kemp for opening their beautiful home.
The QQA had a very productive 2019, as summarized in our 2019 by the Numbers infographic.
Our 2020 priorities are:
- Continue to grow our membership. We are doing well, but we can do better.
- Have a successful Spring Tour of Homes in Pettaway Neighborhood.
- Work with the city and other advocates to improve code enforcement so that requests for demolitions of historic properties is reduced or eliminated, and opportunities for vandalism and fire destruction are reduced.
- Work with Capitol Zoning District Commission to get Master Plan updated.
- Work with stakeholders to develop guidance for short term rentals in Capitol Zoning District.
- Continue focus on I-30 Crossing.
- Continue to push the city on proactively planning the next phase of I-630 widening.
- We are pleased that our proposal to expand the state historic rehabilitation tax credit was successful. Now we need to get the fiscal year cap raised.