The QQA hosts a variety of events throughout the year. In addition to our free Preservation Conversations educational events, we also host the Summer Suppers series (dinner at historic properties), the Spring Tour (Mother’s day weekend), and a Mid-Century Modern Tour (on a biennial basis).
2019 55th Spring Tour of Homes
March 30, 2019
You are invited to our 55th Spring Tour of Homes Preview Party to kick off this year’s tour in the MacArthur Park Historic District. We will introduce you to the houses selected for this year’s tour, serve up some delicious food, a signature cocktail, and listen to some great music by local band Whale Fire. Sponsored by Stone's Throw Brewing and Roxor Gin.
- Date: Saturday, March 30, 2019
- Time: 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- Location: Albert Pike Hotel Ballroom, 701 Scott Street, Little Rock, AR 72201
- Price: $35.00 in advance until 11:59 pm on March 29 and $40.00 at the door
May 11-12, 2019
Join the QQA for the 55th Spring Tour of Homes in MacArthur Park, Little Rock’s oldest historic district. Visit the Mills-Davis House and the Bracy-Manning House on sixth street, the Holtzman-Vinsonhaler house on 9th street, and others. Check back here for more details on the homes chosen for this year’s tour.
- Early Bird Tour Tickets ($20.00)
- Candlelight Tour, Dinner & Silent Auction ($150.00)
- Mother's Day Brunch ($60.00)
Dates & Times
May 11, 2019
- Tour starts at 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Candlelight Tour, Dinner & Silent Auction starts 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm (located at the Arkansas Arts Center)
May 12, 2019
- Mother’s Day Brunch 11:00 am -- 1:00 pm (located at Curran Hall, 615 E. Capitol)
- Tour 1:00 pm -- 5:00 pm
- Curran Hall, 615 E Capitol Ave, Little Rock, AR 72202.
The QQA hosts Preservation Conversations on the second Thursday of every month. All lectures are free and open to the public. Please RSVP using the links below. Download a Preservation Conversations Brochure.
April 11, 2019
Insurance for Historic Properties by Patrick Anders. RSVP Here.
Knob and tube wiring can cause an owner of a historic home trouble in getting insurance. Architect Patrick Anders will define knob and tube, discuss the pros and cons of this wiring system, how to upgrade wiring in old houses, and the problems in obtaining insurance for historic homes.